New York health officials targeted and changed policy to target a Jewish wedding. The mainstream media is also trying to cover it up.
The event was scheduled to take place on Monday in the Williamsburg neighborhood of New York City, which is outside the targeted areas tracking clusters of the coronavirus. According to officials, the wedding was expected to draw 10,000 guests. State Health Commissioner Howard Zucker then signed an order “saying you can’t have a wedding in these locations that is over the gathering guidance.”
Beth Garvey, special counsel and senior adviser to Governor Cuomo said to reporters during a press briefing, “the information that our investigation revealed was that upwards of 10,000 individuals were planned to attend.”
“The city is aware if it,” Cuomo added. “I’m sure that they’re going to have people monitoring.”
“Look, you can get married. You just can’t have 1,000 people at your wedding,” he added. “You get the same result at the end of the day. You’re married. It’s also cheaper.”
NBC 4 reported:
Leaders of the synagogue said COVID safety restrictions had been considered during the planning of the ceremony. In a statement released late Saturday, they said that the majority of attendees had been expected to participate “for a short period of time” and “in accordance with the social distancing regulations.”
After the shutdown order and widespread attention was brought to the event, organizers say outside guests will no longer be permitted to attend and the event will be attended by close family only.
The wedding was for a grandchild of a popular Hasidic leader, Zalman Leib Teitelbaum.
The wedding was taking place outside of an area under restriction and safety measures were being used. However, the state changed its policy as reported by The Hill halting the wedding. What Cuomo’s administration just did adds more fuel to the fire that the state is targeting Jews.