DeSantis Hosts Fancy Fort Lauderdale Event

Hold onto your hats, folks, because we’ve got some political drama to dive into! Former President Donald Trump has been singing the praises of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, and it’s causing quite a stir. Let’s break down what’s been happening.

So, it all started at a swanky fundraiser in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The Associated Press reported that Governor DeSantis and his allies gathered over a fancy dinner, where DeSantis emphasized the importance of supporting Trump in his re-election bid.

The governor didn’t just talk the talk—he walked the walk. On Thursday morning, he and his team were busy fundraising, raking in more than $3 million for the super political action committee Right for America. Trump even called in to thank everyone and gave a special shoutout to DeSantis, saying, “Ron, I love that you’re back.”

Now, you might be wondering why this is such a big deal. Well, a top Trump ally spilled the beans, saying that Trump World is absolutely thrilled with Governor DeSantis’s support. This is significant because it shows a strong alliance between two of the most prominent figures in the Republican Party.

But wait, there’s more! Recent polling has shown that Republican voters are eyeing DeSantis as a top choice for Trump’s vice presidential running mate. According to the latest I&I/TIPP Poll, 15% of voters want DeSantis as their first choice for VP, with another 14% picking him as their second choice. That combined 29% is more than double the support for the next highest candidates, former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley and Texas Governor Greg Abbott, both tied at 12%.

This growing support isn’t just in the polls. Earlier this month, Trump and DeSantis met privately in Miami, arranged by real estate broker Steve Witkoff. Trump shared his excitement on social media, saying he was thrilled to have DeSantis’s enthusiastic support. He mentioned that their conversation was focused on working together to “MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN” and also touched on Florida’s bright future.

“I am very happy to have the full and enthusiastic support of Governor Ron DeSantis of Florida,” Trump posted. “We had a great meeting.”

“The conversation mostly concerned how we would work closely together to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN,” Trump continued. “Also discussed was the future of Florida, which is FANTASTIC! I greatly appreciate Ron’s support in taking back our Country from the Worst President in the History of the United States. November 5th is a BIG DAY!!!”

The New York Times added that the trio—Trump, DeSantis, and Witkoff—met alone in a private room at Shell Bay, a development and golf club owned by Witkoff. This private meeting underscores the close ties between Trump and DeSantis, hinting at a possible powerful partnership in the upcoming election.

As the political landscape heats up, all eyes are on how this Trump-DeSantis alliance will shape the future of the Republican Party. With November 5th just around the corner, the stakes are higher than ever, and this dynamic duo might be the ticket to watch.