Teens Arrested After Fight In Shopping Center

A group of teenagers, allegedly gang members, wielding machetes and knives sparked terror at a Melbourne shopping center Monday evening. The shocking event has left parents and residents in shock and disbelief, as the incident comes just days after a horrific knife attack in Westfield Bondi Junction, where six innocent people were tragically killed.

According to witnesses, the group of youths believed to be of Sudanese descent, started a violent brawl inside Woodgrove Shopping Centre in Melton, Melbourne. People described the chaotic scene as teenagers armed with a variety of weapons, including machetes, knives, and chairs, clashed in the middle of the shopping center. Parents frantically fled the area with their children, fearing for their safety.

One witness shared their experience on social media, saying they saw a man waving a machete, and the group involved were also seen throwing chairs. Another shopper said they and their three children were forced to hide in the baby changing rooms with other scared parents as the fight broke out. The witness also added that one of the teens walked into the food court with a large knife, and people started throwing things at him.

The incident has sparked outrage and disgust in the community, with many calling for stricter punishments for violent crimes and a stronger police presence in the shopping center. People, especially parents, have expressed their fear and anger as they had to explain the chaotic situation to their young children.

Victoria Police have launched an investigation into the incident, and two teenagers have been arrested, a 15-year-old from Melton South and a 16-year-old from Harkness. The 16-year-old has been charged with multiple offenses, including affray, possession of a prohibited weapon, and being armed with criminal intent. The 15-year-old will also be charged once he is released from the hospital, where he was found injured.

The attack at Westfield Bondi Junction, where a man wielding a 30cm hunting knife stabbed innocent shoppers at random, has also raised concerns about mental health and the accessibility of weapons. The incident ended tragically with NSW Police Inspector Amy Scott fatally shooting the attacker.

Our hearts go out to the victims and their families affected by these senseless acts of violence.